It’s Official – The Holiday Season is Over
- I’m eating mashed potatoes for breakfast, with a side of chocolate chip cookies.
- Since the in-laws were here for a celebration last night, the three of us are very comfortable ignoring each other today. Clarification: I’m ignoring everyone else. After all the cooking and cleaning and planning, I’m okay not playing with my daughter’s remote control helicopter.
- All the gifts have been opened and several already need glue.
- I’m wondering if I should look at the Visa bill online or wait until I’ve had a drink or two.
- There is a pile of socks, holiday knick-knacks and clothes that don’t fit. The Thrift store did not score as big this year, but there’s definitely a few items coming their way.
- We’re all coming down with colds.
Enjoy the day…in your own special way!
Just a couple of reminders:
The Green Study Holiday Humor Contest is still limping along. Tell me your funniest holiday story! I’m extending the deadline until December 27th, 2012 (12:00pm US Central Standard Time). I wasn’t sure how this would play out, but I’m guessing by the low number of entries, that I needed to try it earlier in the season, since most people are pretty busy. All current entries are still in play.